Webmaster sid@memoriesdsNOSPAM.com © MEMORIES digital services 2005
Cine film, VHS video & all sizes of Camcorder tapes, Photos, Slides, Negatives and documents,
Audio ~ non-copyright personal vinyl records and tape ~ cassette or reel to reel,
Photo Restoration ~ Memory Card “Lost data” recovery
Terms & Conditions of Business (10. 2017)
All services are provided by MEMORIES digital services. The following terms & conditions (1 -12) will apply between you and MEMORIES digital services (herein “Mds”). The placing of an order by you constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions of business. Claims should be made within thirty days of Invoice date. This does not affect your statutory right as a customer.
1. Payment is with order, or on delivery, as agreed at time of ordering. Payment accepted by Credit / Debit card ~ BACS / Paypal ~ Cash ~ Cheques payable to "Memories digital services" Our minimum charge of £25.00 includes various levels of service. See our costs page for a guide. Delivery / Postage and packing charged extra at cost.
3. Submitted Material. – Copyright The term “submitted material” refers to all recordings, images or files, in any format, visual, digital, audio, or other items, including any data storage device, supplied by you to Mds, which is required to enable Mds to perform the services requested by you. If it is copyrighted material, you must be the owner of the copyright for the submitted material, or have permission for the required Mds service, from the current owners for any part or all of the submitted material. By placing an order the client declares their right to reproduce all photographs, images and digital or audio media. The client assumes absolute liability for any resulting violation of copyright in any action brought by a third party. MEMORIES digital services will not copy or include any ‘submitted material’ stamped or marked with a copyright stamp without a signed order by the client, to confirm they are copyright holders or have authorisation from the copyright holder.
Services are provided by Mds on the understanding that the submitted material supplied by you and the Mds services required do not infringe; a) any copyright laws; b) any restrictions that may be subject to the content; and you are the copyright owner or you have the copyright owner's permission, for the submitted material. Mds is not responsible whatsoever for the content of the submitted material and the transfers made. Mds reserves the right to refuse services without explanation for content which Mds deems to be offensive to others or is considered to contain unlawful, indecent, fraudulent, libellous, or misleading material.
4. Scanning. 'Standard' scanning is carried out for 35mm film negative & slide material, black & white or colour, usually at 1200dpi, and saved at lowest compression, but could be up to 12800dpi. For larger reflective material, photographs, documents or medium format (6x12cm) negatives or slides, scan may be at 600dpi but could be up to 12800dpi at Mds discretion, in order to produce the optimum image quality / image file size ratio possible. This is dependent on subject and quality of the submitted material. Unless otherwise requested and agreed, the image file will be in .jpg format, up to a maximum 5MB in size, although usually between 0.5 and 2 MB, to maintain the highest possible quality / image file size ratio possible. The individual image files will normally be included on the disc. 'Special' scanning, at highest resolutions, and storage in alternative formats (.tiff; .psd etc) can be carried out at special request and agreement. ‘Digital enhancements’ can also be integrated to further improve quality / colour etc. (Additional costs may be required.)
5. Disclaimer. The supply of submitted material by you is always done at your own risk. By supplying submitted material to Mds constitutes an agreement by you that under no circumstances will Mds, its owners, employees and agents, be deemed responsible for any loss or damage to the contents of the images, tapes or other physical media supplied. Whilst every care is taken to safeguard your submitted material, in the unlikely event of loss or damage, (whatever the cause may be) any liability by Mds is limited to face value of an image, blank film, tape or data storage device, up to a maximum of £100, and no sentimental, consequential or other value will be accepted. Mds is not liable for the loss or damage of material during transit to or from our facilities.
If required, you should take out special insurance to cover your property.
Please note: This is a consumer service and Mds does not accept additional responsibility for material of professional or commercial value.
Any disc supplied by Mds is run by you at your own risk and in no event will Mds accept liability or be held responsible for any damage, disruption and/or loss to data, computer systems, or other equipment as a result of using a disc. Mds make every effort to ensure that the disc is virus free; however we recommend that you run a virus checker on the disc before use in a computer.
6. Delivery. All orders processed are subject to packaging & delivery charges at cost unless otherwise agreed in writing. Dispatch is normally by courier / RMDS, within 28 days of receipt of complete and agreed order details, but other methods will be used if specifically requested and charged for accordingly. It is recommended any goods sent to us, is by Royal Mail Special Delivery / Courier services.
7. Indemnity. The placing of an order by you for the goods and / or services from Mds constitutes an agreement by you to indemnify Mds, its owners, employees and agents against any and all claims, losses, damages and expenses, including legal fees, arising from your use of these services. Use of these services also constitutes an agreement by you to indemnify Mds, its owners, employees and agents against any claims made by third parties that your submitted material violates or infringes any third party right or law.
8. DVD compatibility. Mds normally uses DVD-R single layer recordable DVD format (DVD+R double layer) for its DVD projects and these will play in 99% of modern DVD players & recorders. By ordering a DVD version of any service, you agree that Mds accepts no responsibility if the DVD created will not play in your DVD player because of compatibility problems. It is your responsibility to check compatibility before ordering. If necessary our Free Demo DVD-R will be sent on request, or a special sample DVD-R (and DVD+R double layer if req.) can be supplied at nominal cost, refundable against order, to test compatibility. If you have any doubts please order these sample discs prior to placing an order. DVD+R single layer format can be supplied if specified on the order.
9. Force majeure. Mds shall have no liability to you for any failure to fulfil its contractual obligations or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control.
10. Modification of terms. Mds reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice
11. Invalidity. If for any reason part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable, the validity of the remaining terms and conditions shall not be affected.
12. Law. These conditions and all other expressed terms of the contract shall be governed and constituted in accordance with the laws of England.